You’ve jumpstarted your website by taking the class, you’ve got the skills, and now its time to put them to use! With expert instructors, you’ll work in a group setting for two hours. Get answers to your questions, learn from others, and get inspired as you get some quality work done on your website.
Each work session includes expert instructors to help you with things like:
- Cropping photos
- Adding and formatting content
- Picking, installing, and configuring plugins
- Tweaking your theme to behave
- Wrangling domains and hosting
In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to learn how others are approaching their problems, and bounce design or content ideas off of an audience. We’ve found people are sometimes shocked with just how much they can get done.
Things you’ll need:
- Content. You’ll receive help with editing and formatting, but this is one task you might want to do beforehand, particularly if you’re someone who can take over an hour to write an ‘About Us’ page. The more of your photos and text you already have available, the more productive you’ll be! We can help you get it in and looking nice.
- Login information for WordPress and your hosting. Presumably, you’ll have this, but make sure to double check beforehand!
- Goals! The more focused you are on what you want to accomplish, the greater your achievements will be.
Oh, and a computer.
Things you won’t need:
We suggest you avoid those in general.
Class dates & details
Length: 2 hours
Instructors: Heidi & Michael
Class size: 3 people, except 2 person limit May 12, 4pm – 6pm (Heidi teaching May 12 4pm – 6pm class.)
Date: May 10, 2017
Time: 4pm – 6pm
Date: May 12, 2017
Time: 12pm – 2pm and 4pm – 6pm
Location: Our Palmer office. 642 S. Alaska St.
Registration: Register online or call our office at (907) 745-2015, Palmer / Wasilla or toll free at 1-866-418-0937 to register.